Georgetown Hoyas Men's Basketball: An embarrassing fall from grace

     

          I'm doing another rant about My team. This one is about My favorite College Basketball team in the Georgetown Hoyas. There is no hope for the Georgetown Hoyas whatsoever as they lost to Navy. NAVY! A team that hasn't made NCAA Men's Tournament since 1998 and isn't even known for College Basketball. Their only NBA player in School history is David Robinson. Mac McClung, James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc all transferred this year. Georgetown had players transferred last year too. I starting to think that Georgetown Men's Basketball will never been good ever again. 




          I could take losing in the NCAA Tournament as a higher seed then losing to a teams like Navy, Loyola Marymount, Penn State and UNC-Greensboro. We now lose to teams like Seton Hall and St.John's on a routine basis. We get blown out by teams like Villanova, Crieghton and Xavier in the Big East. I'm starting to think that maybe John Thompson III wasn't that bad of a coach. This feels hopeless as we play West Virginia this Sunday and will likely get blown out. 



         What is the solution? Fire Patrick Ewing?! Who would want to come and coach Georgetown? No top-tier coach will come and coach Georgetown. We at best will get an assistant or a retried. I don't know how UMBC lost to us last week. Georgetown is gonna be bad for years and that is really going to suck. I remember the 1980s through 2000s when we were actually a good program. Navy ran away against us and it wasn't even close as the final score. 

Comments